This was an exciting day organized by Marc Coucourde, advisor for Popular Education and Youth, at the Direction Départementale de la Cohésion Sociale de Vendée. zBis welcomed fifteen structures dedicated to youth, that dived head first into personal digital manufacturing, makerspaces, and the concept of FabLab.
Here is the schedule of the day:
- 9:00: welcoming visitors with a coffee
- 9:15-10:30: discovering zBis. Presentation of the FabLab concept. Flash-back on the Forge des Possibles and the birth of zBis, local and share micro-factory in Vendée.
- 11am-1pm: Discovery of 3D printing or Arduino
- 1pm-2pm: lunch
- 2pm-4pm: Discovery of 3D printing or Arduino
- 4pm-5pm: Debriefing, sharing discoveries and reactions.
This was a day rich in exchanges, where was evoked the question of activities sensible for a young public and easy to organize.
It was the first step of a year long training session. The next one will take place in the Campus at Luçon, and we will meet again at zBis in September in our new venue for a day dedicated to Arduino technology.